#453 - |Victory| 95% of Mercy is Prayer
In Scripture, we never see the disciples ask Jesus to teach them how to preach, or how to heal the sick or cast out demons. What we do see is them asking Him to teach them how to pray. Scripture reveals that a strong prayer life is central to life of the Christian, and in this episode, we look at how it is vital to the victorious life. There’s encouragement in the promise that if we would pray for God to mercy others by meeting their needs, then He will gladly come and meet our own needs.
- Forgive Just as You Were Forgiven (Sermon) by Nate Danser
- Life-Changing Scriptures Part 2 (Sermon) by Ed Buch
- Living in Victory Through the Power of Mercy (Book) by Steve Gallagher
We wanted to share the Mercy Prayer, written by former Zion Faith Homes minister Rex Andrews, with you because it has helped change many lives in our counseling programs. The words aren't special in of themselves, but committing to pray for others this way in faith and through the power of the Holy Spirit, will make a tremendous impact on your life, as well as theirs.
1. Lord, I thank you for __________.
- I thank You for saving him/her. Thank You for what You have done and are doing in his/her life. (Eph. 1:16; Phil 4:6; Col 1:3; 1 Thes. 1:2; 3:9; 5:18; 2 Thes. 2:13)
2. Make __________ to know Jesus.
- Help him/her to increase in the knowledge of God. Destroy speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God and help him/her to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. (John 17:3; 2 Cor. 10:5; Col 1:10; 2:3; 3:10)
3. Make __________ poor in spirit.
- Bring him/her down, Lord, but do it gently. Help him/her to see his/her neediness. Help __________ to see him\herself in light of You. Put __________in his\her rightful place, Lord. (Ps 51:17; Matt. 5:3; Prov. 29:23; Isa. 66:2; 1 Peter 5:5)
4. Fill __________ with Your Holy Spirit.
- Immerse him/her in Your Spirit, Lord. Come to him/her in power and might. Baptize him/her in fire, Lord. (Luke 3:16; John 1:3; Gal. 5:16; Eph 5:18; Acts 2:17, 18, 28)
5. Life __________.
- Life him/her according to Thy lovingkindness. Pour out Your life-giving mercies into his/her soul. (Ps. 80:18; 119:25, 37, 50, 88, 107, 149, 154, 156, 159; Ps. 143:11; Ro. 8:11)
6. Bless __________.
- Lord, bless him/her in everything he/she touches. Bless him/her spiritually, physically and financially. Bless his/her loved ones. Do for him/her, Lord, instead of me. (Gen. 12:1-3; Prov. 10:22; Matt. 5:44, Ro. 12:14, 20; 1 Peter 2:23; 3:9)
7. Mercy __________.
- Flood him/her with need-filling mercies. Pour them out in super abundance. Find and meet every need in his/her life as you see it, Lord. *Flood the one I am looking at in my heart and mind, with fulfilling mercies, filling all his/her need. As you have mercied me, so mercy him/her. (Ps. 86:5; Hosea 6:6; Matt. 9:13; 2 Cor. 1:3)